In 2020, Wilsonart’s Virtual Design Library will tap into the theme of ‘Community’. Much more than a combination of geography and populace, community is grounded in a group of similar and diverse individuals who are linked together by a common cause, social norms, affiliations, beliefs or location.
Wilsonart’s first collection of the year, Localism, reveals the enigmatic yet unified depths of community by showcasing cross-generational, relatable designs inspired by familiar scenes, symbols or surroundings that mold and develop our sense of self, togetherness and oneness.
The Localism Collection features a select sampling of color palettes, material, textures and graphics that have the power to unite, surprise, or simply offer unchartered beauty through design. Enhanced through visual and tactile variations like matte and silky smooth, to soft grain and rustic, texture is never an afterthought with Wilsonart surfaces.
The Localism Collection includes:
- Ceramic Blue- a large-scale abstract in a deep rich blue that has the feel of thrown pottery. Antique Finish
- Artisan Find – a large-scale ombre design that transitions from off white to a deep rich blue. It has the feel of thrown pottery. Antique Finish
- City Metal – a large-scale dark abstract that gives the appearance of forged metal. Antique Finish
- Stapled Notice – a medium-scale abstract pattern inspired by the unique look of staples on a telephone pole. Gloss Line Texture
- Grateful Dyed – a large traditional tie-dye design with multiple spirals. Matte Finish
- Graffiti Park – a large-scale graffiti design of multicolored spray paints on a painted brick background. Matte Finish
- Taupe Incised – a medium-scale makore woodgrain with a tread-like incised overlay. SoftGrain Finish
- Natural Incised – a medium-scale raw woodgrain with a tread-like incised overlay. SoftGrain Finish
- Wire Mesh – a medium-scale design of linear grays and black inspired by textured wire. Gloss Line Texture
- Backyard Patio – a medium-scale design that has the look of smooth cement. Fine Grain Textured Finish
- Texas Mesquite – a large planked unfinished woodgrain that has the features of a handcrafted table. SoftGrain Finish
- South Devon – a large-scale distressed pattern inspired by worn leather. Antique Finish
- Flagstaff Lodge – a two-inch planked white wood, with rustic features such as nail and worm holes found among the planks. Casual Rustic Texture
- Edge Grain – a micro planked woodgrain in multiple shades of gray with colored accents throughout. SoftGrain Finish
You may also be interested in this article: Laminate Makes a Comeback