Stone Technologies Corp. in Cleveland, Tenn., is currently offering free samples of its proprietary stone and concrete sealers to interested fabricators. The company has been in business since 1999, and owner Michael Parry has more than 40 years of experience in research, development and chemical formulation for industrial applications.
The stone sealers manufactured by Stone Technologies were developed to penetrate into all natural stone surfaces, including granite, marble, sandstone, slate and travertine. While coverage of the stone sealers varies with the porosity of the stone, fabricators can expect to cover 500 to 1,000 sq. ft. per gallon.
Products available in the stone sealer category are as follows:
- Stone Sealer #1 – This reactive silicone polymer in odorless mineral spirits forms an invisible barrier with a natural finish. This solvent-based sealer works will all types of natural stone surfaces.
- Stone Sealer #2 – This is a reactive silicone polymer emulsion in water that seals natural stone surfaces without the release of volatile organic compounds (VOCs).
- Stone Sealer #3 – This sealer is a fluoropolymer emulsion in water that provides a natural finish, stain resistance and increased wear abrasion with less than 0.1 percent VOCs.
- Stone Sealer #4 – This double-strength reactive silicon polymer uses a citrus-based solvent that has a pleasant aroma, is biodegradable and a safer alternative to petroleum-based solvents.
- Stone Sealer #5 – This is a reactive silicone polymer in odorless mineral spirits that protects natural stone with a wet look, effectively offering a combination of Stone Sealer #1 and Stone Enhancer #1.
- Stone Sealer #6 – This stone sealer is water based, contains no solvents or VOCs and is nonflammable, which makes it a more environmentally friendly version of Stone Sealer #5.
Stone Technologies also manufactures several concrete sealers, including all of the following:
- Concrete Sealer X-1 – Concrete Sealer X-1 is a permanent, silicate-based, deep-penetrating sealer guaranteed to last the lifetime of any concrete surface. This sealer increases the density and strength of concrete while providing resistance to stains, chemical etching, moisture and mold. It can be applied on all residential and commercial concrete surfaces, including countertops, walls and floors.
- Concrete Sealer X–2 – Concrete Sealer X-2 is a concentrated version of Concrete Sealer X-1. It is designed to seal very porous concrete surfaces and concrete blocks. This sealer can also be used as an admixture to densify the substrate.
- Concrete Sealer X-3 – Concrete Sealer X-3 is water based but still penetrates and crosslinks inside of concrete surfaces to make them water and stain resistant. This sealer can be applied alone or on top of Concrete Sealer X-1 or Concrete Sealer X-2, and it is available in custom colors.
Request a Free Sample!
Nearly all of the products from Stone Technologies are available by the quart, gallon, 5-gallon bucket, 30-gallon drum and 55-gallon drum, and for a limited time, fabricators can receive a free 4-oz. sample bottle by sending an email to [email protected].