The 2016 International Woodworking Fair (IWF) is scheduled to run August 24 through August 27 at the Georgia Congress Center in Atlanta, and several educational opportunities have been made available for those in the countertop industry.
The IWF 2016 Education Conference covers a wide range of topics in six all-day symposiums, and this year, one of these six is specifically for those who are interested in the latest offerings from the countertop industry.
Exploring Countertop Options
The IWF Atlanta Symposium Exploring Countertop Options is scheduled the day before the actual Fair begins from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, August 23. The all-day event is presented by the International Surface Fabricators Association (ISFA) and has been designed to provide valuable information for established countertop professionals and anyone who wants to explore today’s countertop products and the decorative surfacing industry.
Speakers at this event are as follows:
- Keith Haight – Former executive director of ISFA and current industry consultant
- Kevin Cole – Communications director of ISFA
- Dave Paxton – Owner of Paxton Countertops & Showers
- Russ Berry – President of A.S.S.T. Beyond Surface Level Solutions
- Mike Langenderfer – Executive director of ISFA and owner of The Countertop Shop
Topics at the symposium include the following:
- Cutting Edge Materials: New Applications
- Solid Surface Casework: Why It Makes Sense
- Time to Lean, Time to Clean: Getting the Shop in Order
- Countertop Trends, Margins, Pricing and Consumer Preferences: A Forecast of What’s to Come
- Putting It All Together: Panel Discussion
This year, anyone who purchases a pass to any all-day symposium at IWF will receive free registration and admission to the show floor plus a continental breakfast and lunch.
Leapfrog From Laminate to High End Concrete
A large part of IWF Atlanta is the 2016 Education Conference, which is designed to help companies improve efficiency and products, expand to new markets and increase profits. This year, in the track for New Business Sectors, the seminar Leapfrog from Laminate to High End Concrete will be held on Thursday, August 25 from 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
This educational presentation is presented by the Jeff Girard, president of The Concrete Countertop Institute, and it will discuss how companies may break out of the limitations of laminate countertop fabrication. Most laminate fabricators and woodworkers already have all the equipment necessary to fabricate concrete, so it may be of great benefit to take advantage of this growing market.
Before August 1, this education session will cost $55, and after August 1, the price is $65.
For further information, visit the IWF Atlanta website or send an email to [email protected].