The International Surface Fabricators Association (ISFA) has opened its annual awards program beginning February 1, 2023. The program honors excellence in application design, fabrication and installation of projects using manufactured surfacing materials across nine categories. The ISFA Awards are open to all fabricators representing successful applications.
Projects submitted must employ the designated surfacing material and meet the ISFA minimum standards for the material. In addition, the project must exemplify excellence in all methods of the fabrication process, including safety, training and the use of technology.
Seven of the awards are project-based. The categories are as follows:
- Commercial Solid Surface Project of the Year
- Residential Solid Surface Project of the Year
- Commercial Mineral Surface Project of the Year
- Residential Mineral Surface Project of the Year
- Commercial Quartz Project of the Year
- Residential Quartz Project of the Year
- Sustainable Project of the Year
Additionally, two awards are given to individuals or companies that excel in the industry. They are as follows:
The Fabricator of the Year Award recognizes an individual or a fabricator member organization that best exemplifies excellence in business using the ISFA ideals of quality, innovation, character, and service to the association and the manufactured surface industry. Current, active members of ISFA may submit nominations for this award. Self-nominations are accepted.
The ISFA Hall of Fame Award recognizes an individual who has, during their career, made significant contributions to the decorative surfacing industry and demonstrated leadership and a commitment to the association’s ideals. Current, active members of ISFA may submit nominations for this award. Self-nominations are accepted.
Winners will be announced at the 2023 ISFA Annual Conference, which will take place October 16-19, 2023, at the Sonesta Ocean Point resort in Sint Maarten. The deadline for submissions is June 30, 2023.
Winners will receive:
- One night’s all-inclusive stay at the ISFA Annual Conference, where they will be honored with a ceremony
- A physical award that includes a personalized plaque
- A feature story on ISFAnow.org, SurfacesMagazine.com and other promotional channels, including social media and newsletters, at the association’s discretion
- A feature story in Countertops & Architectural Surfaces magazine with an option for additional coverage in leading industry news outlets and media partners as a result of the association’s official press release
- Official digital assets for self-promotion, including award-winner logos and more for use on winners’ social media channels, websites and other marketing materials
You may also be interested in this article: Coverings 2023 Announces Special Programming & Activations