Coverings, the preeminent event for the ceramic tile and natural stone industry in North America, announced the 25 projects receiving the coveted Coverings Installation & Design (CID) Awards for 2021. The CID Awards celebrate outstanding achievements in the design and installation of tile and stone in both residential and commercial projects.
“The number of submissions we received for this year’s CID Awards is a true testament to the resiliency and strength of the tile and stone industry,” said Jennifer Hoff, president of Taffy Event Strategies, LLC, the show management company for Coverings. “The 2021 CID Award winners’ projects further establish the adaptability and beauty of tile and stone. Coverings is honored to award and recognize the CID Award winners’ creative and sophisticated applications, each of which showcases the latest industry advancements and trends.”
The submissions were based on tile and stone execution, original usage and overall design and purpose. Special recognition was given to those projects exemplifying spectacular tile and stone applications. A panel of editors and industry leaders evaluated the project submissions. Projects were awarded using eight categorical designations: Residential Tile Installation,
Residential Tile Design, Residential Stone Installation, Residential Stone Design, Commercial Tile Installation, Commercial Tile Design, Commercial Stone Installation and Commercial Stone Design. Projects receiving special recognition were awarded using six categorical destinations: Mosaic, International, Restoration, Community Project, Artistic Installation and Artistic Use of Tile.
2021 CID Award winners and special recognition honorees are as follows:
2021 CID Award Winners: Design
Commercial Stone Design
- Stereoscope Coffee by Wick Architecture and Design Inc. in collaboration with Land Design Studio
Commercial Tile Design – Community Spaces
- Ecco on Orange by Forum Architecture & Interior Design, Inc.
Commercial Tile Design – Whole Project
- 83 Eagle Street by STUDIOSC
Residential Stone Design
- Brooklyn Townhouse Renovation by MHLI
Residential Tile Design
- Bradshaw European Country by Old World Stone Imports Flooring and Design
2021 CID Award Winners: Installation
Commercial Stone Installation
- Legacy Union by Camarata Masonry Systems, Ltd. (pictured)
Commercial Tile Installation
- Lakeside Country Club by Camarata Masonry Systems, Ltd.
Residential Stone Installation
- Villa Florence by Carnevale & Lohr, Inc.
Residential Tile Installation
- Indoor Pool and Steam Room by Tarkus Tile
2021 CID Award Special Recognitions
Special Recognition – Mosaic (7)
- Living Wholeheartedly by LMF Group
- “City Tree” Mural by New York Tilemakers
- Tualatin Lifeblood by JK Mosaic, LLC
- Tree Stump Shower Seat by Unique Mosaics
- Roots of Knowledge by Ro Biaggi Design Build
- Walk in the Park by Custom Mosaic Creations, Inc.
- Venice, Italy by Unique Mosaics
Special Recognition – International (4)
- La Sastrería Restaurant by Masquespacio
- La Roca Camper Store byTomás Alonso Studio
- Glass Tesserae Panel by Oficina de Mosaicos
- Mosque in Shali City by F.H.L.I. Kiriakidis Marbles – Granites S.A.
Special Recognition – Restoration (1)
- By George at the Candler Hotel by The Beck Group
Special Recognition – Community Project (1)
- San Pedro Creek Culture Park by J&R Tile, Inc.
Special Recognition – Artistic Installation (2)
- ‘Ethyl and Steph’, Aqua Therapy Pool by Tierra Tile
- In a Galaxy (Not) Far, Far Away by LATICRETE International, Inc.
Special Recognition – Artistic Use of Tile (1)
- SEIU Building, Re-Making Mosaic Mural by Miotto Mosaic Art Studios Inc.
You may also be interested in this article: Coverings Announces 2021 Rock Stars Winners