Lunada Bay Tile has introduced Contourz, a tactile collection of concrete tiles that elevates the beauty of vertical and horizontal planes.
Contourz three-dimensional tiles transform walls into sculpture, while flat field tiles create an atmosphere that ranges from quiet elegance to industrial.
The tiles measure just 8 millimeters thick, a similar thickness to standard ceramic and glass tiles, extending design opportunities with the ability to combine easily with other tile collections within the Lunada Bay Tile portfolio.
Designed and manufactured in Lunada Bay Tile’s new facility in Southern California, the collection consists of nine shapes:
• 3 x 9-inch — rectangular flat field tile
• 6 x 9-inch — rectangular flat field tile
• 4-inch Hex — hexagonal flat field tile
• Fanfare Hex — three-dimensional 4-inch hexagonal tile with raised linear peaks
• Trifecta — three-dimensional triangular tile with intertwining patterns of slopes and curved lines
• Zen Break A and Zen Break B — three-dimensional 3 x 9-inch rectangular tiles with angled inclines that can be coordinated to create striped, diamond and chevron patterns
• Retro Curve — liner featuring soft bullnose edges
• In & Out — liner featuring a bullnose edge on one side and a cove edge on the other
Contourz is available in 18 modern hues, including warm and cool grays and shades of taupe and brown. The collection can be specified for interior and exterior walls, including wet/dry walls, such as a kitchen backsplash. The material has similar characteristics and care requirements as natural stone.
You may also be interested in this article about new tile shapes from clé.