Aardwolf has introduced its Vacuum Assisted Miter Clamps. The new patent-pending design for these clamps allows fabricators to face up mitering with speed and ease. The clamps are reportedly capable of handling bird beak edges as well as 45 degree miters. The Miter Clamps – Vacuum Assisted set contains the vacuum unit, which consists of a battery operated vacuum pump together with vacuum reserve tank, pressure switch and vacuum gauge and four vacuum pads (two corner pads and two single pads), along with legs containing threaded adjustments rods and rest arms for supporting aprons.
Features of the Vacuum Assisted Miter Clamps include:
- Heavy duty vacuum pads that provide a strong hold: essential for a proper glue up.
- Slide button to get the rest arm in close proximity to the apron width.
- Threaded leveling adjustments, up and down as well as in and out allowing the ability to finely adjust the level of the edge material.
- Easy to use knobs ensure proper clamping pressure.
- Miter pieces are installed finished side up and out so that you can see the seam and work with the glue for a finished piece.
You may also be interested in this article about the Prism Miter Saw.